After a few days in Marseille I made it to Dublin, where I just spent about 2.5 hours trying to find a gluten-free restaurant I had found online...it should have only been 1 km from my hostel so my inner GPS has failed me slightly. I'm hungry! But I got to see some fantastic sights along the way -- Christchurch Cathedral with all its intricate wood, stone, and brick, and also St. Stephen's Green, where all the locals go to read or picnic on the grass ( it is gorgeous). I have to admit, I'm a bit tired of big cities the past fews days and can't wait to join up with my biking tour tomorrow morning and get out in some landscape.
More about Marseille another time, but my sister's apartment is beautiful and there's a lot to see in the city. I am really frustrated by the language barrier, but I think I need to keep a better attitude about it. It's amazing how vulnerable one feels when they cannot communicate!
At the moment, Dublin is surprisingly dry (though not for too long I'm sure), the sun is going down, and I am going to go get something to eat before the Temple Bar District gets too rowdy!
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment